Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Update on the new look and the website...

Okay, after totally freaking out because the new look I had chosen was keeping the blog from functioning correctly, I finally got everything straightened out and back to somewhat "normal" although I still have to add all my sidebar stuff back in, and I'm not really thrilled with the background image or the text layout/style, but this will have to do for now.

Was that a long enough sentence for you? Hope you weren't reading out loud because you probably had to take a few breaths. Sorry.

The website is still in my name but is being held hostage until I pay up. Funny thing about that is that my web host purchased it on my behalf and I can't sign into what is presumably my own account in order to renew.

Emails have been sent.

If anyone knows of a great site for free blogger templates that actually WORK and don't return error messages when you try to install them or break when you try to use them, by all means, POST A LINK. Please?

My best buddy and I have a design site where we do templates for BISI (www.BuyItSellIt.com) stores and Zen-Carts. I'm making a mental note that I need to add Blogger templates to the lineup since I was thoroughly disgusted with the lack of results that googling "Blogger templates" returned. Time to fill the niche.
:)

4 comments:

Taxingwoman said...

Hi!

I'm having problems with my website after switching web hosts. It has disappeared and I'm way too tired to do anything about it right now.
I like the way your blog looks now.
Bye
Carole

Jeri Burtchell (TickledPink) said...

Carole, did you do the domain pointing? where you have to point your name to the new nameserves of your new host?

I always get all confused when I host-hop. I had like 3 different hosts in one year because I was disappointed with them.

Now I have www.AQHost.com and I've been with them a couple years. Really reliable and quick to help.

Lisa Emrich said...

Hi Jeri,

Breaking news today...

The Health Central Network has purchased Wellsphere.

http://www.thehealthcentralnetwork.com/news/20090128.html

Lisa

BRAINCHEESE said...

Mkay...I must be painfully honest here and say I like the brown issue on the template with the lettering...but the "frilly froo froo" roses just seemed...I don't know...not YOU! But then again, I don't even KNOW you, so I have no room to talk!!

Besides, this comment is coming from someone who's entire blog is based on cheese...seriously...cheese. Where's the glamour in THAT?!? LOL

Linda D. in Seattle