Sunday, March 23, 2008

A glimpse of me through other eyes.

Today is Easter. (Happy Easter)

The family tradition is to gather at my mom's house and gorge ourselves on all kinds of food, usually prepared by my sister even tho she'd really like to take ONE holiday off and not cook, but that's another story and if she wants to complain about it, she should start her own blog. (Wow, am I Queen of the Runon Sentence or what??!)

My eldest brother has a new girlfriend and has been MIA at the past few gatherings....in fact, I can't remember when the last time I saw him actually was, but I'm thinking it's been a pretty good while.

I was really eager to see him because the topic of my hair, and how it needs to be cut, has been the first subject to come up every time we get together and since I cut a foot of it off since last time I wanted to see if he'd notice. Nope. I had to ask him if he liked it. He did, but mentioned that another 6" or so could come off. HAHAHA

He did tell me several times that I look great since the last he'd seen me. He said I'm no longer "tentative" in the way I move around. I guess I used to walk like I expected to keel over and fall down, or like my legs would buckle. Anyhow, he said I looked great and it made me feel wonderful. He was happy to hear it's been 10 months since my last relapse and I filled him in on as much as he cared to listen to about the trial. I can go on and on and bore people to death with all the many fascinating facts about this trial when they only asked "so how have you been?" in a rhetorical way.... not really expecting a play by play reenactment of everything that's happened since the last time I saw them.

Other people have hobbies that interest them. I have this trial. It's the only real excitement going on in my life at the moment.

So here he is looking at me, as I take my gamble with my life/health/MS, and what I see in the reflection of his eyes is mirrored back at me. I'm holding a winning hand. You just can't beat an Ace high straight flush. I'm seeing that in the many months it has been since I last saw him, I have made an impressionable improvement in my health. It's so reaffirming that it's got me all pumped up. Come on, Fingolimod...momma needs a new pair of nerve endings!

It beats the heck out of people whispering in the other room that you seem to look like you've taken a turn for the worse. This is much MUCH better!

Until next time, may you be relapse free or at least having a good day!

Happy Easter, ya'll.

2 comments:

BRAINCHEESE said...

I'll have what SHE'S having...LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

Suldog said...

Happy Easter! And thanks for the link. I've put one up for you, also :-)